Thursday, February 18, 2010

Evolution

After my last two shows I was totally burned out. I couldn't even force myself to get back into my studio. I was completely with out inspiration. I just didn't have any desire to paint another landscape. Then I was lying in bed looking at one of my daughters amazing paintings and I started cropping it into interesting pieces. Then it hit me, why don't I take some of my favorite paintings and my favorite parts of those paintings and use those as a reference for something totally new. I have been having so much fun again (finally). I can't wait to paint more. I'd love to hear any feed back you may have so please comment:)

2 comments:

Susan Luckey Higdon said...

these new paintings are so cool. I love that you show where you took them from the larger landscape. "Sway " is my favorite. Love the motion!

marlena said...

What you are doing is exciting! That is what I need to do...I stand in the studio bored at times! But what you are doing is dynamite !!!!